Burn injuries are fairly common on a daily basis at home or work. Depending on the degree of the burn, you should seek immediate medical help from your family GP, like the gap doctors, to ensure there is no permanent damage to the tissue in the area of injury.
Burns are categorized as first degree, second degree and third degree burns, where third-degree burns require antibiotics and professional bandaging. The following suggestions are some things to be aware of in case you face burn injuries at home.
Burn injuries may not only occur in the kitchen or at your BBQ machine. Overloading electric sockets may cause electric bursts or fires that may leave you paralyzed. Older homes are not equipped to handle multiple plugs even if you have an extension cord. Make sure you keep all unused sockets covered with a socket plug so that children do not land up playing with them. Make an appointment with your local GP like the gap doctors in case children have touched uncovered sockets, since it may cause internal injuries that are not obvious to the naked eye.
In case you or your family members have been injured because of broken wires, make an appointment with your local clinic like an Ashgrove medical centre, where they will be able to take a look at the injury and make sure there is no permanent damage.
In The Kitchen
Families spend a lot of time in the kitchen, whether it’s just hanging out, helping or usually making dinner. Never leave a pot or pan unattended while the stove is on. Small children should not be allowed to use dangerous equipment like fryers till they are old enough to see over the stove. Oil related injuries require medical attention from your doctor’s office like Ashgrove family practice, since hot oil burns through your upper dermis, affecting the tissue below. Scar tissues from oil or hot metal take a long time to heal and may require medical attention from your doctor like the gap doctors. You should also be careful of what you heat in the microwave as well. Only use microwave friendly dishes to avoid hot plastic burns that may stick to your skin, releasing toxic material into your blood stream. Also never heat food in the microwave with a lid on the containers or it might cause food to overheat and start burning inside.
Always make sure children stay away from hot ovens. This may also include hotplates on counters or toasters. Although modern ovens have an automatic kill switch if the door is opened, the dish and oven grills will still be piping hot.
There are a few precautions you need to install around your house. Always make sure your smoke alarms are serviced and working. They are your home’s first method of alerting authorities that you may need help. Always keep a fire extinguisher in your home in case of small fires that you can put out yourself. Never use water on electrical fires and store alcohol in a safe place away from your kitchen. Make sure your family has a safe exit route from your home in case of fire. Even your children should know how to escape using the garage, back door or fire safety rope ladders you may have installed in your home’s exterior.
Although minor burns have a plethora of natural home remedies, you should always allow a medical professional to see your wound to prevent scarring and infections. For family doctors like bulk billing doctors the gap, you can visit sites like http://www.smartclinics.com.au/ to book an appointment.
Design & Developed By VWThemes